COVID-19/Coronavirus

BBR Statement on Coronavirus/COVID-19
Updated April 24, 2020

Safety is our number one concern at Birch Bay Ranch and this includes the health and well-being of our campers, guests and staff. With the concerns attached to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 virus we are ensuring our procedures comply with advice from our local, provincial and national health authorities.

At this time BBR’s offices are closed and our staff have been laid off. We are endeavouring to answer emails and phone messages one day per week.

Cancellation policy for Guest Groups – BBR will waive the “cancellations with less than 60 days notice will forfeit their deposit”. Rather, groups can make decisions right up until their arrival date. Groups that have to cancel because of the Coronavirus will have their deposits refunded or transferred to a future booking.

Cancellation policy for Summer Campers – We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 guidelines and we are keeping updated on information as it affects summer camps in Alberta. With the situation changing rapidly, we are unable to predict when or if we will be re-opening for summer camp. At this time we are continuing to plan and prepare for summer programs to happen in some capacity. We plan to make a decision about summer camp programs on May 29, 2020. PLEASE see our Summer Camp 2020 Cancellation Policy page for more details.

Despite the circumstances, we know we serve a God who works miracles! We continue to pray for camps to be open.

 

We are committed to doing our part to avoid the spread of this virus. We pray for health and safety for our community, our province and our country.