Beginner Lesson Times and Dates
Birch Bay Ranch offers horseback riding lessons for Basic Beginner, Beginner, and Advanced Beginner riders from September - April. If you or your child loves riding horses and if you are interested in taking beginner riding lessons, check out the options below or contact the office for more information.
Beginner Lessons will be taught by Amy Frederick.
Wear your own approved riding helmet (bicycle helmets are not suitable) or helmets are provided. Participants must come with appropriate riding footwear (boots with a heel of 1/2 inch). Classes must have a minimum of 4 participants to run with a maximum of 6 riders per class. If classes are not filled, Birch Bay Ranch may combine class offerings. Fees are non-refundable unless cancelled 30 days or more before first lesson.
There is a 230lb weight restriction and riders must be able to mount and dismount on their own.
Rider Categories, CHOICE OF ENGLISH OR WESTERN SEAT
- Basic Beginner - Never ridden before/taken formal classes before. (Parent may be needed in arena) For Ages 8+
- Beginner - Has ridden but never taken lessons or very new rider. Ages 8+
- Advanced Beginner - Confident at walk, beginning to trot. Ages 8+
PRIVATE AND SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS OFFERED
Private and semi-private lessons are booked individually. with each lesson 30 minutes long.
Private lessons cost $65.00+GST per person per lesson
Semi-private lessons cost $45.00+GST per person per lesson (max 4 riders per lesson)
spring session: $240+GST - 6 lessons
Tuesdays:March 12-April 30(No classes week of March 24 or april 14)
thursdays:march 12-april 27 (no classes week of march 26)
saturdays: march 12-april 27 (no classes week of march 26)
Have a question that isn't answered here? Contact the office:
If you cancel:
- 30+ Days from the start of your lessons - payments are fully refundable.
- Less than 30 days from the start of your lessons - payments are transferable to another session - non-refundable.
- after one lesson has been completed we will decide what is to be done on a case-by-case basis.
If we cancel:
Alberta weather reaches very high and very low temperatures throughout the year. With this in mind, we do have a procedure in place to guarantee the well-being of our students, teachers, and horses:
- If the weather is below -25, an email will be sent out before 2 PM on the day of classes to cancel. It will clarify in the email whether this lesson will be reimbursed or rescheduled.
- If the weather is above 25, an email will be sent out before 2 PM on the day of classes to cancel. It will clarify in the email whether this lesson will be reimbursed or rescheduled.
- In the event of severe weather, an email will be sent out before 2 PM on the day of classes to cancel. It will clarify in the email whether this lesson will be reimbursed or rescheduled.